Community Search
Calendar
Coaster and Park Evaluation/Rating?
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

7/16/2016 at 2:16:33 PM GMT
Coaster and Park Evaluation/Rating?
Has ACE considered including any sort of evaluation or rating system (of any kind) for parks or coasters? It would make sense to do a survey of the members so that the club gets broad input, rather than a small body of raters. What exactly would be included depends on the club's goals, but I'm frustrated by having no guides to the many coasters or parks. If most members, for example, rate a coaster as "fun" or "thrilling" or "rough" or "dizzying", or a park as "family friendly", "old-fashioned", "expensive", that would go a long way to help sort through the possibilities of what someone might want to try. There are coasters I have enjoyed from the first ride and others that were unpleasant enough to forever avoid. There are parks I love and parks I don't want to return to. A member survey would make these differences clearer and still allow us to decide what to ride or where to go.

7/16/2016 at 2:55:13 PM GMT
ACE as an organization has a policy against rating parks and rides as part of our mission is to support all members of the amusement industry as equally and fairly as possible. However, individual ACE members can have their own personal lists. Nevertheless, the Amusement Today Golden Tickets Awards are already recognized by the amusement industry as the "Academy Awards of the amusement industry" and many of their expert panel of voters are some of the most traveled ACE members.

Last edited Saturday, July 16, 2016