Community Search
Calendar
Meet & Greet Time?
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

9/10/2014 at 3:49:29 PM GMT
Meet & Greet Time?

As a new member to ACE (September 2014), with an obnoxious love for coasters, I was wondering if the events normally have any type of meet & greet session(s). I'm planning to attend my first event in November (Smoky Mountain Coasterfest 2014) as it's a manageable drive for me coming from North Tennessee. While I do consider myself fairly outgoing, I worry that I'll get there, obviously not knowing anyone or anything about where to go, where to register, etc, and end up on my own. I guess it would be nice to know that meeting folks to join up with and enjoy the event with is actually easier than I'm leading myself to believe.

Thanks Guys!

9/10/2014 at 11:42:44 PM GMT
Welcome Kenneth,

The best times to meet folks are during the group times at events. In particular, that would be during lunch or dinner. That is when everyone is together. Another suggestion would be during registration when you pick up your packet. Often there are many people lingering during that time, especially if the park is not open yet.

Many folks use the time spent in line, including during ERT, to again say hello and meet other folks. Since we are required to wear our name badges at ACE events, it can be relatively easy to strike of a conversation since you usually can see someone's name and city where they live.

I know the Southeast Region is a bunch of friendly folks, so hopefully you will have a great time at the Dollywood event. Just be sure to say hey to people if you'd like. At times, people can feel a bit of an outsider when the don't know anyone initially, but others don't necessarily know or understand that. I find that most people will respond and strike up a conversation once prompted, but often don't initiate it themselves. I think it you meet folks part way, you won't have any problems meeting other members.

Hope that helps.

Jerry Willard
ACE Vice President

9/11/2014 at 5:34:28 AM GMT
Thanks Jerry. I appreciate your response and it, indeed, puts my mind a little more at ease.

Last edited Thursday, September 11, 2014
9/15/2014 at 2:27:24 PM GMT
Hey Kenneth! Welcome to ACE!
I live in the SE ACE region and will be at the Dollywood event in November. It's my favorite event and I wouldn't miss it. I will try and make sure to introduce myself when I see you. You never know what the weather will be like, so I suggest dressing in layers. Make sure you bring a warm hat for your ears and gloves!!! Can't wait!!!

Kitty Wintemute