Thread Score:
|<
<
1 |
>
>|
Thread Actions

3/31/2012 at 7:00:37 AM GMT

I know that I am driving myself, my two friends (Dan and David Sheffer), and my new ACE member friend (I will sign him up for trial membership in April) to the convention. We will be doing a pre and post roller coaster con trip as well.

3/31/2012 at 11:18:38 AM GMT
I am really hoping to go this year. I was a member a few years ago, and then I just rejoined a month or two ago, so I've never actually been to CoasterCon. It sounds like a lot of fun, but I wonder how many people usually attend? Hoping to meet everyone at Dollywood and Carowinds this year!

4/3/2012 at 12:21:42 AM GMT
300 to 500 +/-

4/4/2012 at 6:55:41 PM GMT
Coaster Con

Attached Images:

Last edited Wednesday, April 4, 2012
4/4/2012 at 7:59:36 PM GMT
Hopefully this will be cleared by Con, but right now there are 2 hour delays driving into Knoxville from the northwest. You can go through the Cumberland Gap to bypass it - pretty drive and many options. But if you wait for the detour signs to start you are screwed. Only affects those coming South on I-75.

http://ww2.tdot.state.tn.us/tsw/smartmap.htm

Interstate 75 southbound in Campbell County - Incident at EXIT 144: STINKING CREEK RD. reported at 1:00 PM 03/08/2012 and estimated to be cleared by 5:00 PM 05/17/2012 (Eastern Time Zone). Southbound traffic is affected with 1 lane closed and 1 lane open. A crossover has been built and traffic is 1 lane southbound and 2 lanes northbound between milemarkers 144-141. All wide loads must take exit 160 and turn right and follow state route 297 to state route 63 back to I-75.

4/5/2012 at 3:14:18 AM GMT

The lane shift is only a few miles long. It just depends on when you drive thru. We went through arond 9-10pm and it only delayed us about  minutes.

4/12/2012 at 12:49:58 AM GMT
NRCMA exhibit

I haven't heard very much about the NRCMA exhibit that is supposed to debut @ CoasterCon this summer.  Pete Owens gave us some tidbits, but the event flyer does not mention anything.  Can anyone out there add any information?

Kitty Wintemute

4/12/2012 at 6:22:25 AM GMT
RE: NRCMA exhibit
K. Wintemute said:

I haven't heard very much about the NRCMA exhibit that is supposed to debut @ CoasterCon this summer.  Pete Owens gave us some tidbits, but the event flyer does not mention anything.  Can anyone out there add any information?

Kitty Wintemute

Kitty - While ACE is assisting, NRCMA has the lead.  ACE will be sharing the info when NRCMA is ready for updates to be released.  -- David Lipnicky

4/12/2012 at 6:24:33 AM GMT
RE:
J. Hammond said:
Does anyone know if the Con logo has been chosen yet?

It has been chosen.  Final details must be worked out before ACE is able to share the info.  -- David Lipnicky

4/16/2012 at 4:52:36 PM GMT

I just noticed something that is relevant....I have my accommodations booked for CoasterCon (Dave from Vancouver is joining me on this trip).....

The (Host Hotel) Park Vista - Gatlinburg website is indicating "No rooms available" at the ACE Discount rate - and it is a month before the publicized May 16 cutoff (from the event flyer).  NOTE:  there ARE rooms available at higher rates.

Until / unless they release more rooms at our discounted rate (if they do at all) you MIGHT have to call and beg for the rate by phone.  No idea if they can give it to you anyway, but it is a thought.  (BE POLITE!  They are hosting the club!)

My own room is booked at the ACE Rate (from a month ago)....but new Reservations might encounter this.

I think it is a good sign for ACE and for the success of the event that the initial allocation of rooms is already sold out 2 months in advance of the event.

Best Regards, Bill :-)