Community Search
Calendar
New Jackets
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

2/16/2013 at 2:15:12 AM GMT
New Jackets

Hi Stacy do you think anyone would be interested in a Dickies "Eisenhower" jacket? Maybe the logos could be embroidered on or patches, instead of silk screened on. I think it would have an"Old Skool" look that most people would like?  Thanks for all you and Chris do for us Bob Mondry 

2/18/2013 at 3:04:24 PM GMT

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the idea.  That sounds interesting.  I will have to look into that and see if we can make it work.

Stacey

3/9/2013 at 9:28:32 PM GMT
 Stacy I was working on doing a Dickies Jacket for myself. Do I need permission from ACE to have the ACE logo/website embroiered on? It would be for my own personal use not to be sold.

3/15/2013 at 4:51:22 AM GMT
Bob,

Before you read my reply, let me frame this discussion that ACE is a non-profit, with limited resources and assets.  However, our trademarked logo is one of our most valuable assets.  It is the job of all ACE officials to protect our logo.  Please keep this in mind when you read the our reply.

ACE's logo guidelines are quite extensive (15 pages) and very restrictive.  The key is IF ACE gave you permission to use the logo, you would have to use the one ACE provided and it would have to be produced with 100% accuracy.  Considering we are talking about embroidery, the only way I can see this happening is if it were done by a computer-controlled machine (to ensure the accuracy required).  In addition, you would have to follow all the other ACE logo guidelines as well - and I suspect you not find all of them acceptable.

If you can provide documentation proving production with 100% accuracy, Stacey and/or I would be happy to send your request to the ACE Executive Committee, and we would share with you all the other logo guidelines you would be bound to follow.

Please note I did not create the logo guidelines, but part of Stacey's & my job is to ensure the guidelines are always followed.

I hope you understand.

Thanks,

-- David L.

3/18/2013 at 1:54:30 AM GMT
Stacy and David here are some pictures of the Dickies  jacket I  was thinking about for the ACE store. This is the one I had made for myself using the ACE logo patch and embroidered website. What do you think? Thanks Bob M.

Attached Images:

3/19/2013 at 5:59:23 AM GMT
Bob,

[And Stacey, please speak up if you have a differing opinion...]

If you are using an official ACE logo patch, then your shirt should be fine,

The embroidery is actually just our website address (and I personally think it is cool you you the the classic ACE (Broadway) font.

I think you should be fine with the shirt, provided it is an official ACE patch.

Thanks,

--David L.

3/24/2013 at 7:07:31 PM GMT

Hi Bob,

Based upon what you have shown here, I don't have any issue with what you have done.  I do agree with everything that David has stated up to this point.  We have very strict guidelines on how the logo is used, partly due to the fact that we have it trademarked.

But, it seems that you have kept it the way it is designed to be.

Stacey

3/25/2013 at 3:23:40 AM GMT

Ok guys thanks. If anyone else would be interested in a jacket like this I could give them the sites I found the patches at. Thanks again Bob M